John Nicholls Building & Plumbing is part of John Nicholls (Trading) Limited and for the purpose of this document, John Nicholls (Trading) Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What information do we collect from you?
We may process the following information from you.
- Information you give us
|Personal data you might supply to us||How and Why we process your personal data|
|Account Information: Information about you which relates to your or your employer’s account with us. This information may include your name, your email address and your telephone and/or mobile number.||We will process the data to maintain your account with us, to provide our services to you, to communicate with you and to back up our database.|
The reason we process the data is to ensure the proper administration of your account and our business and, where you have entered into a contract with us, for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with you.
|Communication Data: If you communicate with us, we may process the information contained in your communication. This information may include your name and contact information, the content of your communication and any metadata our website generates where you communicate with us using the contact form available on our website.||We will process that information so we can correspond with you and keep records of such correspondence. The reason we are processing this data is to ensure the proper administration of our business (our legitimate interest)|
|Notification Data: Where you have subscribed to receive newsletters/ special offers, we will process your data so that we can send such newsletters and email notifications to you. If you would prefer not to receive such communications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.||The legal basis for us processing this data is that you have consented to such processing.|
|Regulatory Data: We may process your data if we need to do so in order to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations, so that we can protect the vital interests of you/ another natural person||The reason we process such data is to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.|
- Information we collect about you.
With regards to each of your visits to our website (www.johnnichollstrade.co.uk) we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information relating the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We will obtain this data through our analytics tracking system. We process this data so we can monitor and analyse how our website is used so we can improve our website and the products/ services we offer.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including data and time), products/ services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page. We process this data so we can monitor and analyse how our website is used so we can improve our website and our products/services.
- Cookies Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instructions on www.allaboutcookies.org.You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website.To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gooptout.
- We use Google Analytics cookies on our website. This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookie collects information anonymously, including details about the number of visitors to our website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
- When will we disclose your personal data to others?
- We may need to share your personal information with members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. These terms are defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We will only share personal information where this is necessary for the purpose set out in this policy.
- We may need to share your personal information with certain selected third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the purpose of performing any contract we have with you or them. In particular, we use third party IT companies to host our operating system and store personal information, and to support us in the use of that operating system.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- We will also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose certain personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or most of our assets are acquired by a third party , in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any legal agreement we have with you; or to protect our rights or property, or the safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where do we store your personal data?
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, and we will maintain appropriate technical and organisation measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Some of the specific measures we use to keep your personal data safe and secure include encryption technology, amongst other things.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We will always try to ensure that your personal data is processed within the European Economic Area. In some circumstances this will not be possible. In circumstances where it is necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will only transfer such personal data to third parties where we have carried out due diligence on third parties to ensure they will protect your personal data using similar standards and safe guards as we have. We will also have contractual provisions in place with such third parties to ensure your personal data is protected. Such contractual provisions will be based on the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for the transfer of data outside the EEA or such other appropriate standards as are required from time to time by the European Commission or the UK Government. You consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA, as long as we comply with these requirements.
- Storage and deletion of personal data
- Any personal data that we process will be deleted from our systems once we have completed the purpose for which we were processing the personal data. In some cases, the purpose for which we are processing your personal data will last for a considerable period (for example if you are a long term customer of ours, we will need to store your data until our relationship with you comes to an end).
- We will determine the period for which we need to retain your data, acting reasonably, and taking into consideration a number of factors such as your relationship with us, your engagement with us, and the fulfilment of contracts we have with you.
- We may need to retain your personal data where this is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, or to protect the vital interest of another natural person.
- Data Security
- We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data at our instruction and they are a subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Your rights
- Under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following fundamental rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if there are errors or inaccuracies in it, or your personal data is incomplete;
- The right to restrict the processing we carry out in relation to your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing we carry out in relation to your personal data;
- The right to have the personal data we hold about you provided to you in a useable format;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority (in the UK this is the information Commissioner’s Office) about how and/or why we are processing your personal data;
- The right to tell us you no longer consent to us processing your personal data. In practice you will usually agree in advance to us using your personal data for marketing purposes and if you no longer wish us to use your personal data for marketing purposes, you can opt out of receiving such marketing messages at any time. You can do this either by unsubscribing from the marketing messages we send you or notifying us in writing at email@example.com
- You can ask us to provide you with details of any personal data we hold about you. You do not have to pay us a fee to access your personal data unless we believe your access request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In this case we may charge you a reasonable fee to access your personal data or we may decide not to comply with your request. We will notify you if this is the case. We will require you to provide appropriate evidence of your identity before we respond to your request. Typically this identification evidence will be a photocopy of your passport or photo driving licence, which a solicitor or bank has certified as being a true copy of the original and a copy of a recent utility bill detailing your current address.
- Our website may, from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- If you think that any of the data we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate, you can contact us to correct such data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for these purposes.
- Information about us
- Any questions?John Nicholls (Trading) Ltd, Overthorpe Road, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 4TB
- E: email@example.com